The Logic Behind it
- What should the future leader therefore look like?
- Given the above and knowing that only God really knows what this future will be, we feel that it will be vital that future leaders:
- Are very strongly grounded morally and in relationship with God;
- Know what they believe and very importantly, why;
- Understand the importance of absolute truth and are personally set free by it;
- Are people who watch trends and anticipate change. They act in advance of such change. A reactive approach will not work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Understand, better than ever before, the â€œmechanisms of povertyâ€ and the Biblical principles of generational wealth both for individuals and nations; and
- Understand and are â€œimmunizedâ€ against the power of money, sex and position (practical holiness not Charismatic posturing).
- Prepare the GroundÂ
will facilitate this, encourage it and challenge the students in this, but preparation of the ground is a heart issue that the individual student must deal with. You are responsible for your personal relationship with your Lord. This â€œPrepared Groundâ€ is the result of self-examination before a Holy God. It will be an on-going process during the Bible School because you will be challenged as to the depth of your commitment to be holy before a Holy God, to rid yourself of all that holds you back from progressing Godâ€™s Kingdom, etc. Bible School
- Â Foundations
â€œThe foundations of the Apostles and the Prophetsâ€ – Â Â Â Â Â as our Biblical Christian Worldview statement says, you must know WHAT you believe and WHY and WHAT you DONâ€™T believe and WHY (apologetics). As a leader it is not enough to say, â€œWell I just accept it by faithâ€Â - you will never change a community, society or nation who does NOT believe in God or have Holy Spirit on this basis. What is more, if this foundation is not laid deep, they will influence you to start doubting the word. This is, to us the KEY element of future-proofing a leader. We will try in 1st Year to lay this foundation.
Understanding how the Word of God, the belief system of Christianity, etc. hangs together is vital. We say things like â€œGod is transcendentâ€, â€œGod is omnipresentâ€ but what does this mean?, is it important in what we believe?, what is the practical outworking in our lives? We believe in the â€œfactsâ€ that Jesus is God, that God is a triune God, yet nowhere is this stated as such in the Bible. So why do we believe this? We see these things clearly when we look at the whole counsel of God, when we link scriptures, when we place the â€œslab down on which we can build the â€œinternal wallsâ€ of our lives. Much of this will be done in 1st Year.
- Growth and Maturity
Growth and maturity are area for which each of you must take responsibility. At best we can steer you, guide you, encourage you and, yes, PUSH you. This is where you take what you have learned, meditate on it, pray about it, wrestle it though with God. This is where you develop the ability to apply it. We will sensitise you to the issues, cause you to think about things, get you to apply your mind. The concept of leading means that you are at the front edge taking followers to places they have never been, often where you have never been and sometime where no one has ever been. To do this you will need to take the tools we give you and apply them to the new situations you face.